Commodore David Porter established a Naval Station here on April 3, 1823 as a supply base for his 17 ship Anti-Pirate Squadron. The Station remained in constant operation from that date until its disestablishment on March 31, 1974. Although its function has varied over the years, it has operated through seven conflicts with its personnel reaching from a low of 17 military in 1932 to over 15,000 military and 3,000 civilians in 1945.
Pending Architectural Requests
There are no approved requests at this time.